06 August 2012

Welcome Baby C Package

Alright, after a little more than a year-and-a-half of working on this Welcome Package, it's done and given away. And yes, I do usually start collecting things before I know I'll be needing them. Which is one reason I try to only buy things I'd use if I don't find the right person having a baby to give them to. It's also part of why I only buy things when they're on sale. 

Fitting everything in one picture was nearly impossible - which may mean I went a little overboard. 


While most everything is 'from me' to Mom/Baby C, one or two things from my husband to Dad/Baby C snuck into the pile. Want to guess which things? 


Hint:

I'm a big believer in books. As much as the outfits are adorable and I've loved making hooded towels and quilts, books are where I'd spend my whole budget if I'm not careful.


I have a list of books I know are something I can rely on, but I spend hours reading in the children's section of libraries and book stores to add to the list. Giraffes Can't Dance and Animals Should Definitely Not Wear Clothing are probably my favorites from this set. 


Most of the hand made items that went into the package:

Two hooded towels, two flannel/terry wipes, one flannel wipe, a towel/apron for Mom and Dad (not pictured), a small minky blanket, a flannel/bear blanket, a quilt, and four terry cloth backed bibs.


I also put in a few little things for Mom and Dad.


Staying with me? The adorable dress I bought for Baby C. Why? Her grandmother bought the same dress, in the same size and already gave it to them! One very good reason I try never to pick up something I wouldn't mind keeping!

So, all in all:

  • The Wonky Stacked Coin Quilt I started before Baby C was conceived
  • Teddy Bear/Flannel blanket
  • Minky-back blanket
  • 4 bibs
  • 2 hooded towels
  • 1 bath apron
  • 5 books
  • 1 stuffed elephant 
  • 1 set of Lots Of Links 
  • 10 outfits: 5 onesies, 1 sleep sack, 1 footie onesie, 1 hoodie + pants, 2 3-piece sets. Not all of these are pictured. Because I bought some more after taking these photos. Even those I said I was done. Whoops.
  • 1 small candle, 1 small lotion, 1 small body wash, 1 bottle sparkling pear, 1 pair knee socks, 1 Burt's Bees lip gloss 
  • 1 elephant shaped picture frame
  • 1 set tights/headband 
  • 3 drawstring bags, 1 large bag
  • 1 Disney movie (also not pictured)
Yeah, I think I'm just a little excited to meet Baby C, what do you think? 


No comments:

Post a Comment