31 August 2012

Dressed Up Machine II

I thought I posted this earlier this month, but it looks like I didn't - whoops! 

Both my machines have better fitting covers now!

They don't really coordinate.
Kenmore/Janome Cover Outside
Kenmore/Janome Cover Inside

Singer Cover Outside
Singer Cover Inside
And once again, it was as much about using fabric I had and couldn't envision another use for as it was about making something I wanted to look at every time I come into the office/library/sewing room.

All those things aside, I like them both.

I'll probably make covers again some day - maybe when I've got a slightly better handle on making holes for the handles. Then again, it's more comfortable for me to move them using hand holds other than the little handles, so maybe not.

The new cover is a little small in one direction, and a little long in the other, but compared to what I was using last month, I am thrilled. Not only does it fit better, but these fabrics are a huge improvement over thrifted pink/blue farm animals. Which probably have a place... just not in my view every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment