08 August 2012

I think I have a problem...

I've never been one to dedicate myself solely to one book at a time, but between traveling, a rash of holds coming in at the library, and my main sewing machine being down, I think I've gotten a little carried away.

I've started all of these books:
  • "The Outlaws of Sherwood" by Robin McKinley - I'm reading this one aloud to my husband (when we're not listening to other audio books) so it's slow progress
  • "The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever" by Julia Quinn
  • "A Game of Thrones" by George R. R. Martin - A friend (and co-watcher of the show) loaned me his copy last night. 
  • "The Agency 3: The Traitor in the Tunnel" by Y.S. Lee
  • "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)" by Mindy Kaling 
  • "Toward the Sunrising" by Lynn Morris and Gilbert Morris
  • "The Far West" by Patricia C Wrede
I'm enjoying each one, but none so much that I cannot switch between books. It helps that prior to gathering them for this photo, two were at the bedside, one was in the car, one was in my purse, one near the bathtub, one at the kitchen table, and one at my desk.

So, with no quilting to distract me (only the whole wide internet), I'm hoping to get several of these finished up in the next few days. Especially since I'm impatient to get to the others on my library card.

  • "Bloodhound" by Tamora Pierce
  • "The Death and Life of the Great American School System: How Testing and Choice are Undermining Education" by Diane Ravitch 
  • "Wench" by Dolen Perkins-Valdez 
None of which I will let myself start until I finish at least three of my 'already started' list.

So, if I'm quiet around here this week, don't worry. I'm probably in Sherwood, London, Winterfell, Reconstruction South Carolina, or an alternate/fantasy West.

No comments:

Post a Comment