02 August 2012

Vacation


As wonderful as it is to be home again, a huge part of me wishes we were still vacationing with Baby C's parents. We ate amazing home-made food (thanks Daddy C!), ate at a great hole in the wall Japanese restaurant, and worked on turning Mommy C's old, pink dresser into Baby C's new, brown dresser. More than anything we sat around and talked - just like we used to when Mommy C and I were roommates. Oh, and of course we dropped off the Welcome Baby C package.


In our circles, Daddy C is known for quite a few things - including bringing Mommy C flowers regularly. So I shouldn't have been surprised when the guys' trip to the store for groceries resulted in flowers for Mommy C and I. I hated leaving mine there, but they weren't going to stand up to the car trip home.


Mommy C is still about a month out from her due date, so we took a break between layers of paint - and hanging adorable home-made curtains - to take a few pictures of the parents to be.



I wish we'd been able to finish the dresser before we left - three coats on the drawers, three on the dresser - but it could be finished and moved into the room in less than a day. I can't wait to see how it looks in the room. And as good as it is to be home, I wish we could still be there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment