09 August 2012

Easiest Mash Pie

This is the kind of thing I hardly consider a recipe, but I made it last week and from my husband's reaction, it's worth sharing.


Easiest Mash Pie

1) Mashed Potatoes
I start by boiling 7 good sized potatoes until soft, then mash them with butter, milk, cheese, scallions, garlic powder, and salt. Of course I don't measure things, just mix until they're a good texture and a good taste.
2) A large can of beef & vegetable soup - pour into a pan and top with mashed potatoes.
3) Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, basically until the soup is warm through and the potatoes are beginning to get an extra browning.
4) Eat.


I usually scorn gravy - but this was basically a beefy gravy on potatoes, and to my surprise, it was very good. There weren't many vegetables or beef pieces in comparison to the gravy and potatoes, but that didn't bother me. It'd probably have been just about as easy to put the warm potatoes in a serving dish and pour warmed soup over the top - but I was aiming for something more like shepherd's pie.

See, super easy, and hardly even cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment